Hi! I'm chris escue. I design databases, build software, and dabble in the culinary arts.
Beef Stew (Stove-top)
- 1 lb stew beef, chopped into one-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes w/ basil, garlic, and oregano (editors note: Look for cans with "italian herbs" or "italian seasoning" on the label)
- 1 (14 oz) can beef broth
- 1 (14 oz) can potatoes, drained
- 1 (14 oz) can sliced carrots
- 1 (8 oz) can corn, drained
Add beef and flour to a large freezer bag. Shake vigorously, until the meat is evenly floured. Heat oil in a large saucepan or stock pot, and cook beef until browned. Drain beef and return to pot.
Add tomatoes and beef broth to pot. Cover and simmer for 50 minutes, or until the beef is tender.
Add all other ingredients, and cook uncovered for ten more minutes.